According to Walmart Health CEO Cheryl Pegus, MD, Andrea Marks has been promoted vice president of clinical performance, starting Oct. 4. Andrea Marks will be in charge of the clinical data and analytics division at Walmart.
- Service: Dr. Pegus joined Walmart as the company’s executive vice president of health and wellness last December. Marks recently served as vice president of UnitedHealth Group’s People Analytics Center of Excellence.
- Analytic development: In this capacity, she leads the comprehensive analytic development for the company’s full suite of innovative pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services, development and application of risk modeling and machine learning, outcome measurement, client insight analytics, dynamic client reporting, drug trend, drug pipeline, and formulary analytics.
- Announcement: “I’m excited to announce Andrea Marks (she/her/hers) has joined our growing Walmart H&W team as VP of Clinical Performance! We are lucky to have Andrea, who started October 4 and will be overseeing our clinical data and analytics team. I’m looking forward to the work Andrea will do to ensure we use data responsibly to deliver high-quality outcomes”, said Cheryl Pegus
- Improvement: Before joining UnitedHealth Group, she was senior vice president and chief analytics officer of OptumRx. “I am thrilled to be joining the Walmart Health & Wellness team, and looking forward to the wonderful things we will do to drive health improvement solutions in areas of most need”, said Andrea
- Commitment: Walmart is committed to making healthcare more affordable and accessible for customers in the communities we serve. To expand on this commitment, they launched Walmart Health to provide affordable, transparent pricing for key health center services for local customers, regardless of insurance status.