Cigna has renewed its deal with Hackensack Meridian Health of Edison, New Jersey, ensuring that the system’s 17 hospitals and 500 facilities are still in-network for members. Cigna and Hackensack Meridian Health’s connection will be extended until April 2023 under the re-upped contract.
- Agreement: This new agreement will maintain access to Hackensack Meridian’s 17 hospitals and more than 500 patient care locations across New Jersey for Cigna’s commercial customers throughout New Jersey. With millions of patient visits to its hospitals, physician offices, and other care locations every year, Hackensack Meridian Health is helping keep New Jerseyans achieve their best health.
- Exposure: “The COVID-19 pandemic further exposed the importance of having access to preventative, routine care,” said Patrick Young, president of population health for Hackensack Meridian Health. “At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are dedicated to collaborating with our payer partners to ensure our patients continue to have access to our world-class physicians and services.”
- Healthcare network: Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a network of healthcare providers in New Jersey, based out of Edison. Members include academic centers, acute care facilities, and research hospitals. Hackensack Meridian Health’s goal is to create one integrated network that has changes how healthcare is delivered in New Jersey.
- Formation: The network was formed in 2016 by a merger between Hackensack University Medical Center and Meridian Health. Hackensack Meridian Health is affiliated with the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine and maintains active teaching programs at its hospitals. After the acquisition of JFK Medical Center in Edison, HMH is now the largest healthcare provider in New Jersey.
- Integrated: Located in Montclair, Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is proud to continue to provide world-class health care in a community setting. The medical center has successfully transitioned from a stand-alone facility to being part of Hackensack Meridian Health, the most comprehensive and truly integrated network in the state of New Jersey. The medical center is a joint venture between Hackensack Meridian Health and Ardent Healthcare, one of the country’s leading private hospital management companies.